The Sunshine Award is for people who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” The nominee must do the following: thank the person who nominated her, nominate ten bloggers of her own, answer the ten questions given to her, and post them and the Sunshine Award button to her blog. (I have no idea what the Sunshine Award button is or how to add it, so I will have to pass on that particular part.)
Here are the questions:
1. Mares or Geldings? Either. I had a mare for ten years and never noticed anything different. I've had geldings and never noticed anything different. I have no desire to own a stallion. And I shouldn't own a mare because I would want to breed her. And then what would I do?
2. English or Western? English now. I hate Western saddles and western fenders. I loved the Aussie saddle I had years ago and I love the Trekkerland saddle I own now. However, not sure I would ever want a jumping saddle or an English endurance saddle. I like the deep seat and security I get from the saddle I'm riding in now. And I really like how magnificent Ashke looks in his dressage bridle.
3. Do you prefer "younger" or "older" horses? I really do prefer younger horses. I like the attitude and the silliness. I really like the fact that Ashke wasn't broke to ride when I got him and I think it makes a huge difference in the connection between the two of us. I also really loved working with foals and miss it.
4. Have you trained a horse from ground zero? Yep. Been a while from the very beginning. Ashke had great ground manners but very little handling (feet, ears, nose, sheath, etc.) when I got him.
5. Do you prefer groundwork or riding? I enjoyed the ground work I have done. I enjoyed the obstacle course work that we also did over a year ago. Honestly, what kind of question is this? Don't we all prefer to ride? Riding is the main reason to do this . . . groundwork is filler until your horse is calm enough, heathly enough or old enough to ride.
6. Do you board your horse or keep it at home? I board and almost keep it at N's home.
7. Do you do all natural things or just commercial stuff? Some of both. I do a lot of naturally commercial things. Or commercially natural things.
8. All tacked up or bareback? Tacked up. Too old and scared for bareback.
9. Equestrian role-model? I love Mark Rashid. I also love N and Cassandra. Respect goes without saying and I've learned a lot from all three.
10. What's my one, main goal for my equestrian journey? To get Ashke healthy and hale. To continue to explore the local riding trails. And to perhaps, someday, compete in Working Equitation. Oh, and to introduce Ashke to cows. That should be really fun considering he acts like they are spiders.
Now my ten nominees for this award, if they choose to participate. My favorite blogs (other than the one that nominated me). Hope you enjoy them.
- Viva Carlos
- In Omnia Paratus
- Wait for the Jump
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at The Time
- A Collection of Madcap Escapades
- I Trot On
- The Spyder Standard
- Brown Eyed Cowgirl
- Cash's Steppin' Up
- Redheaded Endurance