I took Ashke out and turned him loose in the arena. This is what J videoed.
Obviously, still very sore when moving clockwise on the circle. Overall, an improvement from the night before. I will see how he looks tonight and then make a decision on our next step. If he is showing improvement and it seems like he will be sound in a couple more days, I will wait. If he is about the same, I will contact my farrier to come out and put casts on his front hooves. Casts will give him a chance to grow out some hoof and deepen his sole, which has been thin since I brought him home.
What sayest thou?