Thursday, November 6, 2014

Acquisitions

This week I made two purchases. As always, they were both kind of pricey, but I got a good deal on both, so I'm feeling okay about it.

The first was a new set of front Easyboot Gloves. In blue. They came with the wide Velcro straps that Saiph covets (which I immediately sent her a pic of).


This is the third set of boots I have purchased for the front, and as far as I can remember, I put about 300 miles on them. I got them through Rider's Warehouse and paid $120.00. Not bad, considering shoes cost $150 every seven to eight weeks. I haven't tried them on him yet, but that will happen on Saturday when we do our next trail ride.

The second thing I purchased was a fleece cooler from BOT. Brand new, still in the packaging, on ebay for $200. Score. I got it last night.

I wanted this for trailering after our rides.
And for cooling off after an arena ride.
 
 
I don't clip, partly because Ashke lives both inside and outside and I want him to be able to regulate his temperature himself. And two, because I am really afraid of my horse overheating and colicking from having a blanket on. That philosophy may change, but we will see. If I can manage his sweat through cooling out and using this fleece cooler, then I won't clip him. The only thing that might be beneficial right now, however, is clipping his girth area. I did that last year and it seemed to make him more comfortable. Last night he was fine, but I will keep an eye on it.

6 comments:

  1. I've been coveting that BOT cooler! Can't wait to read how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interested to hear your opinion on the BOT, hope you do a review at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best headers! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are always welcome to trailer up and ride with us!

      Delete