1. Today marks the end of 21 weeks since we moved Ashke north. He is getting fat. I would show you pictures, but I'm a little embarrassed. I really think I need to stop feeding him Amplify until he starts showing signs of needing the extra. I also need to ride him longer, but that would involve trails, since he is sick and tired of the arena.
2. I found another person who wants to ride trails. Her name is Pam and she has a wonderful little Arab mare named Aleectra. She has shown Aleectra one time and isn't real interested in doing it again. She has been taking lessons for two years and although her trainer wants her to continue, she doesn't see the need. She's been riding out by herself and it should be a lot of fun to ride out with her.
3. First big group trail ride next Sunday. Maybe as many as ten people are going to ride out. Should be interesting. Sounds like there are a bunch of people who want to, but haven't organized anything.
4. Riding out alone on a trail you have ridden with other people is scary and can lead to some unexpected behavior. We had several startles, but no bolting.
5. Ashke's pasturns are still a little weak. And his feet need to be trimmed again. Seven weeks is just too long. Good news is the old hoof is almost completely grown out.
6. Ashke is doing turn out with Stoli and/or Lacey six days a week. And loving it. Stoli now nickers when she sees him. Marit wants to know if I will help her do trailer training with Ashke and Stoli. I said of course. Should be good practice.
7. 21 weeks. Over all, I think he's doing well.